Ridiculously Good Olive Oil Dip
This simple and group-friendly olive oil dip comes collectively shortly and it by no means fails. I imply, who doesn’t need to dip bread into an herby, garlicky, parmesan cheese infused olive oil? Leap to the Ridiculously Good Olive Oil Dip Recipe
The way to Make a Dipping Oil Everybody Will Love
I’d prefer to say that we’re good at entertaining, nevertheless it doesn’t really feel that means. Although we have now a complete bunch of appetizer recipes proper right here on this very weblog, once we’ve obtained mates coming over, we discover ourselves caught on what to serve. That’s the place this further simple olive oil dip is available in. It’s a life saver. It comes collectively in 5 minutes and everybody loves it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: The way to roast garlic within the oven — swapping uncooked garlic for mashed roasted garlic on this olive oil dip can be superb.
One in all my favourite issues about that is that I can swap elements based mostly on what I’ve within the kitchen or based mostly on who’s coming. My go-to mixture of flavors is one thing salty like capers and parmesan cheese, herbs like rosemary and plenty of garlic.
I’ve additionally been recognized to make it spicy with some crushed purple chili flakes and if I’ve it within the fridge a mashed up anchovy or a small squeeze of anchovy paste is scrumptious. If you wish to add a little bit sweetness to the dip, add a small splash of high-quality balsamic vinegar.
Consider it as a complete taste bomb that when combined with olive oil and bread is simply the correct amount of taste to make you retain coming again for extra. On that word, you would possibly need to make a double batch. These things goes quick.
Chop all the pieces into tiny bits then use a spoon to smoosh them collectively right into a free paste. Spoon it onto a plate then pour extra-virgin olive oil on prime. Straightforward!
Easier appetizer concepts: take a look at our Creamy Tzatziki Sauce with Feta, our Ridiculously Straightforward Roasted Shrimp Cocktail and our common Home made Hummus Recipe.
Ridiculously Good Olive Oil Dip
This garlic and herb combination is a taste bomb. When topped with olive oil, it turns right into a scrumptious dip for bread. Preserve further olive oil shut by, you’ll be able to all the time prime up the plate with extra.
Makes about 1/2 cup, Serves 4 to six
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
2 garlic cloves, or extra relying on how garlicky you need it
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons chopped recent rosemary
2 teaspoons chopped recent thyme
3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Pinch sea salt, if in case you have it attempt truffle salt
Contemporary floor pepper, to style
Pinch crushed purple pepper flakes, elective to make it spicy
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra as wanted
Crusty bread, cubed
Finely mince the garlic and capers. Add to a bowl together with the oregano, rosemary, thyme and cheese. Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Use the again of a spoon to smoosh the herbs into the garlic and capers.
Make one or two mounds of the garlic-herb combination on a rimmed plate. Drizzle the olive oil on prime. Serve with cubes of bread.
Adam and Joanne’s Ideas
- Make-ahead: Put together the garlic-herb combination a day or two prematurely and retailer, lined tightly, within the fridge. The recent herbs could free some shade. When able to serve, add the combination to a plate and prime with olive oil.
- Capers: We love the saltiness capers add to the dip, however in case you do not need them in your kitchen, go away them out. The dip nonetheless tastes nice with out them.
- Dried herbs vs. recent: We do choose recent rosemary and thyme for this, however you should utilize dried rosemary and thyme as a substitute of recent. Crush the dried herbs a little bit within the palm of your hand earlier than including them into the combination. Additionally, you will need to use rather less — about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Use high-quality olive oil — we actually love Partanna olive oil within the purple can. It tastes nice and isn’t as costly as a few of the different high-quality olive oils.
- Including a small splash of balsamic vinegar isn’t a nasty concept.
- Vitamin information: The vitamin information offered beneath are estimates. We have now used the USDA Supertracker recipe calculator to calculate approximate values. We didn’t embody bread within the calculations.
For those who make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Fb! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Vitamin Per Serving: Serving Dimension: About 1 1/2 tablespoons / Energy 172 / Protein 1 g / Carbohydrate 1 g / Dietary Fiber 0 g / Complete Sugars 0 g / Complete Fats 19 g / Saturated Fats 3 g / Ldl cholesterol 2 mg / Sodium 104 mg