Try This! Here's a product recommendation for a healthy product that can be useful in your life. Try it and let us know in the Comments if it was a good recommendation! #diet #fitness #weightloss #healthy #healthyfood #gym #health #healthylifestyle #nutrition #motivation #workout #fit #food #bodybuilding #dietsehat #weightlossjourney #lifestyle #fitnessmotivation #exercise #eatclean #healthyeating #training #dietplan #dieta #detox #dietfood #fitfam
These inexperienced hen enchiladas are so easy to make. With salsa verde, hen, bitter cream, cheese, and cilantro, they’re a tasty, fast, and simple dinner. Leap to the Hen Enchiladas Recipe
Watch The Video
Tips on how to Make the Best Salsa Verde Enchiladas
I really like enchiladas with pink sauce, however my favourite option to make hen enchiladas is with salsa verde. Salsa verde is a inexperienced salsa made out of tomatillos, garlic, onion, and peppers. It’s completely scrumptious. You may make salsa verde your self (right here’s our simple recipe) otherwise you purchase it on the grocery retailer. I particularly love utilizing the Hatch model once I don’t have home made readily available. When you’re within the temper for pink hen enchiladas, use our home made enchilada sauce as an alternative. Right here’s our recipe for pink chili hen enchiladas.
What you’ll want:
These easy enchiladas are spicy, creamy, and tacky. Our recipe under serves 4, however you may simply double and even triple it for a crowd. I do that when attending household potlucks on a regular basis. These are at all times successful.
- Salsa verde which can also be known as tomatillo salsa. As I discussed above, you should purchase this on the retailer or make your personal.
- Cooked and shredded hen. Retailer-bought rotisserie hen or leftover hen works completely. I additionally love making massive batches of shredded hen for dinners all through the week. Right here’s our recipe for tender shredded hen if you wish to do the identical.
- Garlic provides additional taste and spice.
- Bitter cream and shredded cheese. The bitter cream makes the inexperienced sauce for the enchiladas additional creamy and the cheese melts within the oven.
- Contemporary cilantro provides an additional pop of shade and freshness.
- Corn or flour tortillas. Corn are extra conventional, however flour works, too. We used flour tortillas within the video. Right here’s our recipe for corn tortillas in addition to our recipe for flour tortillas.
Making salsa verde enchilada sauce
This creamy inexperienced enchilada sauce couldn’t be less complicated. Right here’s the easy steps I observe to make it:
Step 1: Heat garlic in a bit oil and stir in salsa verde. The salsa already has garlic added, however I really like the additional spice from the additional garlic.
Step 2: Stir in bitter cream and recent cilantro to the salsa. It’s the bitter cream that makes the sauce so creamy.
Step 3: Stir in shredded hen and a handful of cheese. By including the hen to the nice and cozy sauce, it will get a head begin on warming up. The hen absorbs a lot taste. I may simply cease right here and eat the entire skillet!
Step 4: Fill tortillas with the hen and sauce and roll up. So the sauce stays contained in the tortillas, place the enchiladas seam-side down right into a baking dish.
Step 5: Unfold the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and high with cheese. I bake them within the oven till the cheese has melted and the sauce is sweet and bubbly.
One be aware concerning the tortillas
As I discussed above, you should utilize flour or corn tortillas to make these enchiladas. Corn are the extra conventional selection, but it surely is determined by what you could have readily available and the feel you’d like.
Flour tortillas soften within the oven, whereas corn tortillas will maintain up a bit higher. When you use corn tortillas, search for thicker tortillas since they maintain up a bit higher than skinny.
You’ll need to melt the corn tortillas up a bit earlier than filling and rolling them. Frying them in a bit oil softens them and enhances the corn taste of the tortillas.
Extra recipes utilizing salsa verde
Recipe up to date, initially posted February 2012. Since posting this in 2012, we’ve got tweaked the recipe to be extra clear and added a fast recipe video. – Adam and Joanne
Simple Salsa Verde Hen Enchiladas
These inexperienced hen enchiladas with salsa verde, hen, bitter cream, cheese and cilantro are easy to make. Salsa verde is a inexperienced tomatillo salsa made with garlic, onion and peppers. You may make it your self (see our home made salsa verde recipe) or purchase it from the shop. There are some nice choices. Search for a salsa with medium warmth.
Makes 4 Servings
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
1 teaspoon impartial flavored oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde, store-bought or attempt our roasted salsa verde recipe
1/2 cup bitter cream
1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped, plus extra for serving
2 cups shredded cooked hen, see how we make shredded hen
1 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese mix
6 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, see notes
- Make Sauce
Warmth oil in a skillet over medium warmth then cook dinner garlic till aromatic, about 1 minute. Stir within the salsa verde and cook dinner till heated by, about 1 minute. Take away skillet from the warmth then stir within the bitter cream and cilantro. Style for seasoning, adjusting with salt, pepper or extra bitter cream if the sauce it too spicy. Put aside about 1 cup of the sauce for assembling the enchiladas.
Adam and Joanne’s Suggestions
- Meatless Model: Swap the hen for greens comparable to zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onion, and winter squash. Add them to the creamy sauce cooked, however nonetheless with some crunch since they’ll proceed to cook dinner within the oven.
- Tortillas: Each flour and corn tortillas can be utilized. Flour tortillas soften rather more than corn so it is determined by what you could have readily available and the ultimate outcome you might be in search of. When you use corn tortillas, search for thicker tortillas since they maintain up a bit higher than skinny. You’ll need to melt the corn tortillas up a bit earlier than filling and rolling them. Frying them in a bit oil softens them and enhances the corn taste of the tortillas.
- Make-ahead: Because the enchiladas sit, they take up increasingly more of the sauce, which may make them softer and a bit soggy. I choose making these the day of and don’t suggest making them forward of time or freezing them. (That stated, I’ve been recognized to chow down on the leftovers the following day with out criticism.)
- Vitamin details: The vitamin details offered under are estimates. Now we have used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
When you make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Fb! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Vitamin Per Serving: Energy 460 / Protein 33 g / Carbohydrate 31 g / Dietary Fiber 3 g / Complete Sugars 7 g / Complete Fats 23 g / Saturated Fats 11 g / Ldl cholesterol 113 mg
Extra Enchilada Recipes:
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you make a purchase through our links, at no additional cost to you. For more information please visit our Disclaimer page.