These peanut butter granola bars with rolled oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup are simple to make and style superb! They’re nutritious, naturally vegan, gluten-free, and have round 8 grams of protein per bar. We love them! Bounce to the Straightforward Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe
We knew we had a winner of a recipe when each Adam and I stored going again to those bars within the fridge. They style nice because of peanut butter and maple syrup, however additionally they make a superb wholesome snack. We didn’t set as much as create an vitality bar, however because of peanut butter, oats, and flaxseed meal, these peanut butter bars do the trick! Along with wholesome fat, you will see round 8 grams of protein and simply over 4 grams of fiber in a single bar.
Some granola bars style superb, however all of the vitality you get from them disappears rapidly after consuming them. These bars are completely different. They stick to you a bit longer. I’ve beloved them as a more healthy afternoon snack to get me to dinner. I’d think about they’d even be excellent for varsity or work lunch bins.
There are just a few similarities between these peanut butter bars and our unique granola bars recipe. So in case you’ve tried that recipe and loved it, we extremely suggest placing a batch of those bars collectively.
Making Peanut Butter Granola Bars
For the bottom, you want rolled oats, flax eggs (defined beneath), peanut butter (attempt selfmade peanut butter), maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. The flax eggs assist to carry the bars collectively and add a critical dietary enhance. Right here’s a hyperlink to our article about flax eggs in case you are .
To make flax eggs — this recipe wants two — you stir collectively flaxseed meal and water. You are able to do the identical with chia seeds. Then set the combination apart for 10 minutes in order that the flax absorbs the water. It’s simple.
Whereas the flax eggs sit, you will get the opposite components collectively. For one of the best, most flavorful bars, toast the oats and peanuts earlier than mixing with the peanut butter. To do it, unfold the oats and peanuts onto a baking sheet and slide them right into a scorching oven till they tackle a light-weight golden coloration.
When the oats and peanuts are toasted and the flax eggs are prepared, you may stir them into a combination of peanut butter, maple syrup (or honey), cinnamon, and vanilla. The combination is a bit sticky, however that’s a superb factor! All that stickiness is why the bars keep collectively if you take a chunk.
Press the granola bar combination right into a lined baking dish and refrigerate for a few hours. The time within the fridge is crucial because it offers the oats a while to soak up moisture and taste from the peanut butter.
Suggestions for Success
(1) Take care when urgent the granola combination into the pan. We wish to actually press the combination down into the pan. After making numerous batches of selfmade granola bars, I’ve discovered that inserting a chunk of parchment on high of the granola after which utilizing the underside of a measuring cup or glass works properly to press them down into the pan.
(2) Add some mini chocolate chips. You possibly can see from our photographs that we added mini chocolate chips to our combination. Mini chocolate chips — or chocolate that’s been chopped very small — is finest. Bigger chips or chunks get in the way in which of holding the bars collectively.
(3) Chill the bars for 2 hours earlier than reducing them. This time the fridge does a few issues: First, it hardens the combination, which makes it simpler to chop the granola into bars. Second, because the oats sit with the maple-peanut butter combination, it absorbs moisture and taste. I sometimes retailer my bars within the fridge. They final a couple of week.
(4) Think about the kind of peanut butter you might be utilizing. We’ve made these bars with selfmade peanut butter, pure unsweetened peanut butter that wants stirring (Adam’s model), and a extra generally accessible no-stir pure peanut butter (Pure Jif). Of all of the choices, the no-stir peanut butter made the stickiest combination, which helps the bars keep collectively. Home made peanut butter and the store-bought jar that requires stirring tasted one of the best however have been a bit of drier. In case you are anxious your combination is simply too dry when making the bars be at liberty to extend the peanut butter by 1/4 cup.
In the event you love this recipe, do this:
In the event you love peanut butter, attempt making it from scratch. It’s simpler than you may assume and tastes unimaginable. Right here’s our Home made Peanut Butter Recipe. We even have recipes for Home made Almond Butter and Home made Cashew Butter (all of which can be utilized on this granola bars recipe).
Straightforward Peanut Butter Granola Bars
These peanut butter granola bars with rolled oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup are simple to make and style superb! They’re naturally vegan, gluten-free, nutritious, and have round 8 grams of protein per bar.
Makes 12 bars
You Will Want
3 cups (385 grams) old style rolled oats
1/2 cup (70 grams) unsalted peanuts, chopped
3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
6 tablespoons water
3/4 cup (190 grams) pure unsweetened peanut butter
1/3 cup (110 grams) pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (60 grams) mini chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
1/4 teaspoon tremendous sea salt, non-compulsory, see notes
- Make Bars
Warmth the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line the underside and sides of an 8-inch or 9-inch sq. pan with aluminum foil or use parchment paper.
Unfold the oats and chopped peanuts onto a baking sheet, after which bake for five minutes, stir after which bake one other 3 to five minutes or till frivolously toasted. Permit to chill.
Whereas the oats and peanuts bake, make flax eggs by stirring two tablespoons of flaxseed meal with six tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Place the bowl into the fridge for about 10 minutes. On this time, the flaxseed meal will soak up most, if not all, of the water.
In a big bowl, stir collectively the peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and flax eggs.
When the oats and peanuts have cooled, stir them into the peanut butter combination. The combination can be sticky, remember to totally combine all the things so that every one the oats are properly coated. If the combination appears unusually dry, contemplate including as much as 1/4 cup extra peanut butter.
Stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips — save the remaining tablespoon for the tops of the bars.
Switch the granola bar combination to the ready pan, after which use a rubber spatula or damp fingertips to press the combination into the pan. Press onerous right here. This fashion, the bars will keep collectively as soon as cooled and minimize. One trick is so as to add a sheet of parchment paper on high after which use the underside of a glass or measuring cup to essentially press the oat combination down into the pan.
Scatter the remaining tablespoon of chocolate chips over the pressed granola combination, after which use a rubber spatula to push them into the highest. Cowl, after which refrigerate for no less than 2 hours. In case you are in a rush, you may freeze them for about half-hour.
Take away the chilled block of granola combination from the pan, then peel away the foil or parchment. Minimize into 12 bars.
Retailer granola bars in an hermetic container for as much as one week. For the softest bars, preserve them at room temperature. For barely more durable bars, retailer within the fridge. Bars will preserve within the freezer for as much as three months when wrapped properly.
Adam and Joanne’s Suggestions
- Whereas now we have had one of the best outcomes with peanut butter, you may attempt substituting the peanut butter for an additional nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter. You must also be capable of make them nut-free and use sunflower seed butter (for nut-free bars, additionally, you will have to take away the peanuts).
- Honey works properly in these bars. Use the identical quantity of honey as maple syrup known as for within the recipe above.
- If the nut butter is unsalted, contemplate including 1/4 teaspoon salt to the granola bar combination.
- Diet information: The diet information offered beneath are estimates. We’ve used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
In the event you make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Fb! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Diet Per Serving: Serving Dimension 1 bar (12 complete) / Energy 262 / Complete Fats 12.7g / Saturated Fats 3.2g / Ldl cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 4.5mg / Carbohydrate 27.4g / Dietary Fiber 4.3g / Complete Sugars 10.1g / Protein 8.4g